Barrister | Mediator
Year of call: 2019
“Shoshana has been indispensable in assisting us with a number of military claims. She displays an impressive level of expertise and maturity usually found in more senior counsel. It is evident that she is meticulous in her preparation and exceptionally diligent in her approach to client care. She is also friendly and personable to work with. I would recommend her to anyone considering working with her for advice, drafting and advocacy.”
“Many thanks for the speedy turnaround on this and for the excellent documents.”
“Shoshana was an excellent Barrister. Her preparation for our Costs Oral Review Hearing was second to none. A very thorough skeleton argument with supporting documentation prepared by Shoshana seemed to have done the trick and yielded the desired outcome at the Hearing. She was very approachable and knowledgeable throughout the process. Once again, thank you for all of your help and valued assistance in this matter. It has been very much appreciated.”
Shoshana joined Normanton Chambers as a tenant in January 2022. She specialises in the following practice areas:
- Personal injury, in particular employers’ liability, public liability and occupiers’ liability;
- Tortious disputes, including bullying and/or harassment and trespass to the person;
- Clinical negligence, including, military claims, PTSD claims and sexual abuse claims;
- Inquests; and
- Costs, including CCMCs, oral review hearings and detailed assessments.
Shoshana’s most recent work includes:
- Permission to appeal in relation to late service of a claim form;
- Advising and drafting in respect of a product liability claim against a supermarket;
- Cases involving vulnerable adult witnesses;
- Successfully representing Defendant bus companies; and
- Advising and drafting on claims relating to bullying and/or harassment as well as historic sexual assault within the Armed Forces.
Following a competitive selection process, Shoshana was awarded the Lord Denning major scholarship from the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn. She graduated from Newcastle University with a first-class law degree before achieving a distinction in her Master of Laws at Durham University. Shoshana obtained an outstanding on the Bar Professional Training Course in Bristol as well as being a qualified civil and commercial mediator.
Prior to her career as a Barrister, Shoshana taught law at two sixth form colleges in Cambridge. Within a short period of time, her determination and excellence led to the law department achieving their highest results of the decade. Whilst at university, Shoshana was an active member of the Royal Air Force (Volunteer Reserves), where she progressed through the flying syllabus and participated in adventurous training.
Shoshana is based in Cambridgeshire and, with a practice that involves her travelling widely, is happy attending any court centre.
In her spare time, Shoshana enjoys a variety of sporting activities, including swimming, netball and walking her golden cocker spaniel, Bailey. In recent months, she has turned her hand to many DIY jobs as, together with her fiancé, they are renovating their home.