Barrister | Mediator
Year of call: 1987
Jeremy enjoys helping fellow lawyers resolve their problem cases and particularly enjoys working with “misunderstood” if not downright difficult clients. He understands the discretion required to look after the client, the firm and the sometimes anxious instructing lawyer.
His main areas of specialism are:
Chancery, Civil and Commercial litigation
Property, construction and commercial disputes involving:
• landlord and tenant
• contractual disputes
• sale of goods
• commercial agency
• partnership and directors’ disputes
• interim injunctions
• winding up applications
Financial irregularities and insolvency
• Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA) Supervisors
• Trustees in Bankruptcy
arising from claims for breach of contract or breaches of statutory duty in mishandling funds and assets.
Professional negligence of:
• Legal Executives
in relation to:
• construction and commercial transactions
• landlord and tenant
• failure to draw up wills leaving disappointed legatees
and wrong advice and drafting in finance, mortgages and consumer credit matters.
in claims for missed defects, inflated valuations and certifications, catastrophic collapses.
Jeremy also attends to partnership and director’s indemnities and contributions which often precede or follow, together with procedures of interim injunctions and winding up applications where necessary and appropriate.
Detailed and specific experience of claims involving
• orthopaedic accidents, delays and misdiagnoses
• failure to refer symptoms or diagnose cancers
• catastrophic complications in heart bypass operations
• failure to identify or treat post-operative infections including MRSA
• complications before, during and after birth for both mother and baby
• complications of cosmetic surgery and adequacy of consent
• implant complications and other medical products
• delayed or misdiagnosis of meningitis and legionnaires disease
• complications of vasectomies, hysterectomies, bladder and bowel functions
• a full range of dental negligence.
Jeremy also continues to undertake claims following brain injury or other grave personal injury where computation and pursuit of high value losses is involved.
• Chancery Bar Association
• Professional Negligence Bar Association
• Civil Mediation Council
• Director at a Citizens Advice Bureau
• Chairman of Refugee Resettlement
• Project Spare Time: sailing, canoeing, books and peaty malt whisky