Mediation Feedback & Complaints Procedure
We aim to provide a friendly and efficient service to all our mediation clients and encourage feedback regarding our service, whether that be for our mediators or for our administration.
Whilst all feedback is gratefully received, and positive feedback is great to receive, we also appreciate that sometimes things can go wrong and give rise to a concern or a complaint.
Please address all feedback, concerns or complaints to Chambers Director, Martin Davies either by email to email@example.com or by post to:
Alternatively, you are always welcome to call him on 0300 0300 218 to discuss the matter in the first instance.
- Please specify if your complaint concerns the mediator, our administration, or both.
- We will acknowledge receipt of any complaint in writing within 1 working day.
- If you wish to complain about the mediator, the complaint will be investigated by a senior independent mediator other than the mediator the complaint relates to.
- If your complaint concerns our administration, then it will be investigated by Chambers Director, Martin Davies. If your complaint concerns Chambers Director, it will be conducted by one of the Joint Heads of Normanton Chambers, Andrea Barnes or Jonathan Dingle.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your complaint within 21 days of receipt. If this is not possible we will write to advise the reason for the delay and to set a new timescale.
- Should our response not meet with your approval, if the complaint concerns a Civil Mediation Council registered mediator, you may be able to take the matter further with the Civil Mediation Council who run a system of voluntary regulation for civil/commercial and workplace mediators and providers, details of their appeals process can be found at this link
- Our mediators occasionally provide their services in conjunction with other providers (eg when an “off panel” mediator is required). In these circumstances we adopt the mediation agreement terms and policies of the panel provider.