Barrister | Mediator
Year of call: 1988
Suzannah is a family law practitioner specialising in Financial Remedies with a strong focus on company/partnership aspects involving third party intervenors, bankruptcy and high net worth clients. This often includes international elements and is regularly combined with equestrian assets.
Suzannah is known for her precise grasp of figures and careful presentation; this combined with pragmatic problem solving advice ensures that all aspects of a client’s potential claim are considered.
Suzannah’s family practice also covers Children (public and private). In Public law her Child Care work provides in depth expertise in multi expert causation fact findings.
In addition, Suzannah has a niche practice in equestrian law which covers sales and purchase, breach of contract (Sales of Goods, Consumer Relations Act), personal injury and representation before equine disciplinary and regulatory bodies. This has been supplemented by her recent completion of a BSc (Hons) in Applied Animal Behaviour and she regularly acts as an Equine Law Expert.
As a qualified Public Access barrister, Suzannah is able to accept instructions directly from members of the public within her specialist practice areas.
• British Equestrian Federation Child Protection Course
• Associate Member Expert Witness Institute
• Chair of British Equestrian Federation Appeals Tribunal
• 2009-2015 Member of the Bar Council’s Access to Bar Committee
Additional professional information
• 2015-2017 BSc (Hon) Applied Animal Behaviour
• Equestrian Expert Witness
• 2012-2016 Director of British Eventing
• Lecturer in company law at City University